Insulated Metal Substrate / Aluminium printed circuit boards
Cephos has been involved in the design, manufacture and assembly of aluminium backed
printed circuit boards for many years, from prototyping to high volume production runs.
The aluminium pcb is ideally suited for the mounting of high power light emitting diodes (LEDs) easily dissipating the
heat generated by 1W, 3W etc power devices.
Cephos can assist in the design of your aluminium PCB, maximising the benefits that an aluminium pcb can exhibit over
conventional pcb material, reducing costs in the areas of pcb dimensions, reduction in the requirement of bulky heatsinks
and pcb mounting hardware.
Aluminium backed PCBs have many benefits over conventional PCBs:
COBRITHERMŽ by Aismalibar
- Dissipation of heat without using additional heatsinks.
- Mechanically rigid, increasing the physical strength of the assembly.
- Reduces the effect of thermal stress on all components, increasing life and durability.
- Improved thermal conduction leading to versatility in component and
tracking layout enabling PCB dimensions to be reduced.
- Reduces component operating temperatures, improving reliability.
- Substrate aluminium can be drilled / machined and routed, aiding PCB mounting.
COBRITHERMŽ is an Insulated Metal Substrate (IMS), a base of thick aluminium clad with ED copper foil
COBRITHERMŽ is designed for effective thermal dissipation. With a proprietary formulated epoxy-ceramic bonding layer
high thermal conductivity, dielectric strength and thermal endurance is guaranteed.
Mainly intended for SMD technologies, the laminate can resist all kinds of mass soldering processes at high
temperatures. The laminate is supplied with a PETP protective film on the aluminium side to protect it against wet
Available material dimensions:
Copper: 35, 70, 105 and 210 micron
Aluminium: 1, 1.5, 2, 3 mm
ALCU safety data